Photos, thoughts and comments on photography and other subjects. Please see my website at www.photosbygar.com

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

On November 20th, I shot the production of Beauty and the Beast at my son's old high school.  I have done this before and it is always enjoyable.  This year the school and members of the cast requested copies of the photos, so I burned a DVD of the best ones and also did a 16 x 20 print for the school to frame and hang in the threatre department.

This is the cast photo that will be framed.  I put the logo on with Photoshop and was pleased how it turned out.


I packaged the DVDs in a folder with a photo on the front. This shows the front, back and the DVD that has a printed label on it.

A few of the shots:

Belle and the Beast

Lefou and Gaston
 
Lumière and Cogsworth

The Beast

Madame de las Grande Bouche,  Lumière and Mrs. Potts
  

 For a couple of the shots, I went up on the catwalk for a different view of the action.  This is the culmination of the "Kill the Beast" scene.


The production was fabulous and the students did an incredible job.  It was a challenge to photograph, but fun none the less!

2 comments:

  1. Garth, you took such wonderful, professional and interesting shots of the production! Nice work! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like quite the production! Love the DVD packaging :)

    ReplyDelete