Photos, thoughts and comments on photography and other subjects. Please see my website at www.photosbygar.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter Morning


We had snow over the past couple of days and this morning it dawned beautifully, with frost/snow on the trees.  I headed out before sunrise around the yard, then over to a viewpoint of the Rockies as the sun was coming over the eastern horizon.  Was about 5 minutes late for perfect light, but was happy with what was available.  Driving home I realized my cell phone was missing and had to return to seek it. Fortunately, I found it easily in about a foot of snow.  No damage, just cold! Took some more shots on arriving home with the sun back lighting the frost.  these are in chronological order.

Before the sun was up. The moon is visible at the white dot.










The Front Ranges of the Rockies.  The sun was about 1/2 way up on the eastern horizon.  Still had the pink light.


A closer view (zoomed in). I liked the almost monocromatic look. 



Back home and a frosted poplar with the sun behind


One of my neighbour's horses.



A frosted fence

Comments and critiques welcomed and thanks for looking

Garth

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Garth, I can't believe how much snow you already have and what a beautiful place you live in! I can't believe you already had cold enough weather to produce hoarfrost--ulp! I am still taking walks with my fall jacket, a hat and a scarf and gloves, and I didn't even see my breath this morning! Lovely shots, one and all and I thank you for sharing them! Cindy

    ReplyDelete